Poll

TZWWAAQaHnq

BNBEcRvSV
ynKIilZQIGpKAMKIs
BmoaZfSaUJtI
kqVOSizItgOi
jekNanaJF

Author Topic: CAN Cambodia has shared condolence with family of Artist Ung Bun Heang  (Read 14967 times)

cancambodia

• Administrator
  • CAN
    • Cambodia Academic Network បណ្តាញបញ្ញវន្តខ្មែរ
CAN's members have regretfully mourned the passing away of Khmer well-known artist and cartoonist Ung Bun Heang. He passed away on February 8th, 2014 at 6:40pm at his resident in Sydney, Australia.

Dear CAN members,

I received a sad news that Mr. Ung Bun Heang aka Sacrava Artist has passed away after a prolong illness. My thoughts and prayers are with Mrs. Ung Phiny and family during this difficult time. May his soul rest in peace.

I have never met Mr. Ung Bun Heang in person but I am so touched by his art work especially the drawings about Khmer Rouge and Cambodian current affairs. Even though, I found some of his drawings about Cambodian politics quite extreme, I am so impressed by his critical drawings and philosophy. He was one of the most talented contemporary Cambodian artists. The world has lost a great artist.

In 20012, Mr. Ung Bun Heang donated 90 of his original drawings about Khmer Rouge to the Australian National University. Here is the detail http://goo.gl/E8ftd8

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb3S2NyEJsY&feature=youtu.be

His blog: http://sacravatoons.wordpress.com/

Kind regards,

Chanroeun

Mr. Ung Bun Heang was a very talented cartoonist. His death is a great loss to us all. My heartfelt condolences to all his family.

Mong Hay

My condolence to his family for this lost.

Best,

Ratana

Chen Chanratana, Ph.D.
President/Founder
Kerdomnel Khmer Foundation
Tel: 098 64 55 55
E-mail: ch.chanratana@gmail.com
kerdomnelkhmer@gmail.com

Dear All,

it is sad to know the news. He has also painted my face that you see in my email. Take a rest, Bang, and hope to see you somewhere without the tyrant and traitors.

CMK

Dear CAN Fellows,

Mr Ung Bun Heang should be honored by Cambodia as the National Artist posthumously . The same honour the ancient Khmer emperors received after their  death.

He will be remembered for centuries.

Supote

Sent from my iPad

Dear All:

I have known Bun Heang since 1995..His wife, Kong Phiny came to visit me in USA once in late 1990. He was a cartoonist at "Angkor Thom News Paper in the 70' with Soth Polin. He is 1 month younger than me..And he used to make the cartoons  on my Birthday as gifts.

Lok Phaon Heang has left us a great legacy.

The importance of a good Friend in our life is Just like the importance of our single Heartbeat! It's not visible, But silently supports our Life. May you rest in PEACE, my brother.

He 'll be always in our heart.

/Perom

A great loss indeed of a talented Khmer artist in Australia.
A heart-felt condolences to the UNG and his extended families.
I'd had the opportunity to interview him many times in the past and know that he loves his home country so much and he always spoke his mind about Khmer politics that he deeply loves, which can be seen and reflected through his cartoons and arts. In my view, he's made significant contributions to the art industry both in Australia and Cambodia and his work should be recognised and honored. He has donated many of his valued art pieces to the Australian National Gallery in Canberra. I'm sure, he'll be well remembered by his beloved family and those who have came into contact with him.
May he rest in peace!

Cheers,

Alex

It s a very sad news.My heart-felt condolences to Bang Phiny and all of his beloved family.

Penn Setharin

Dear All,

I would like to express my deep condolences to Mr. Ung Bun Heang's family.

I remembered being amazed by the political cartoons of Mr. Ung Bun Heang (aka Sacrava) posted on KI-Media during the time when this domain was well perceived. Despite being extremely critical and sarcastic in his cartoons, he was one of very few talented contemporary political cartoonists.

May his soul rest in peace!

បណ្តាញបញ្ញវន្តខ្មែរ